Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Teddy Bear Related Mysteries!

One of my favorite pasttimes is reading. I can't get enough! I take a book with me even if I go to the post office and I may have to stand in line LOL! My favorite type of books to read are mysteries. I grew up on Nancy Drew... and never really wanted to go much anywhere else!

One of my friends told me about a relatively new series of mystery books written by John J. Lamb. He (the author) is a retired homicide detective and hostage negotiator and he and his wife both collect teddy bears!

I was a little skeptical at first when my friend lent me her book... but then I could not put it down!

Here is a partial quote of a reader's review of his book at Amazon:

.......Don't let the cover fool you. There is nothing soft and cuddly about this mystery. Almost from the first chapter, there's a palpable sense of danger and impending disaster looming over a main character (that you really do care about) that compels you to keep turning the pages until you've finished the thing. This novel is full of delightfully sleazy bad guys, plot twists and surprises, and an accurate, detailed depiction of police and detective work that stays interesting and never becomes pedantic........

This IS a murder mystery - but with a teddy bear show setting. If any of this interests you... you can find his books here: The Mournful Teddy The False Hearted Teddy The Crafty Teddy

4 Comments:

  • At September 18, 2007 , Blogger Mutz said...

    Hey Laura, Have you had a chance to read any Dean Koontz? I just read Life Expectancy & I loved it.... Strange plot but really sucked you in.
    Amy

     
  • At September 20, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    I have both of John's books but haven't had a chance to read them yet. I think he is releasing his third one just in time for the Hunt Valley Show where he is set to autograph them.

     
  • At September 28, 2007 , Blogger Daphne Towle said...

    Laura.... glad you liked the book... I'm anxious to read the next one! Lisa... you must read them! I was taken by surprise at the style in which they were written. The books go really fast if you are like me and can't put a good book down once you've started it!

     
  • At October 04, 2007 , Blogger BerryPatch said...

    Laura! I think we must be kin! We have so much in common. Purple bears are my favorite, I make as many in that color as the regular bear colors. And I love murder mysteries. I am going to check at the library tomorrow for Lambs books, an author I just discovered is Jeffery Deaver, I can't anything done until I read it cover to cover!LOL! Deb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home