Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Do People Look at you Funny?

Do people look at you funny when you tell them you collect teddy bears? I know they do to me sometimes. I'm sure it's because they are picturing only the "toy store" variety of teddy bears. They have no idea what an artist teddy bear is!

One of my (many) goals is to try to educate the general public about artist teddy bears. My slogan is: Teddy Bears as Collectible Art - Teddy Bear Collecting... it's not just for kids!

I just signed up to participate in a church craft show down the street from where I live. When I told the sweet lady who is doing some of the organizing how much my bears cost... she was a little surprised. (I'm sure she's thinking toy store variety bears!) I told her that my main goal for this show was to educate possible new collectors about the world of artist teddy bears!

Now I NEED to finish designing the flyer that I've had in my head for the last year. The flyer that explains about the world of artist teddy bears. And I must finish it by October 20th! :)

4 Comments:

  • At September 27, 2007 , Blogger Bev said...

    I do local school shows, and I spend a lot of time explaining to people that what I do is art and they are not toys, etc., etc., and it takes a lot of energy to do that!

    Good luck on your show -- there need to be more of us out there educating folks to revive the business!!

     
  • At September 27, 2007 , Blogger BumbleVee said...

    I wish you luck Laura and will keep fingers crossed for at least a few converts.

    'fraid I have given up on the educating bit.... now I just enjoy making them for me and whoever....

     
  • At September 28, 2007 , Blogger Daphne Towle said...

    You Go Girl!!!!!!! :o)

     
  • At September 30, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I wish you a good luck with your next show !!!!
    I just stared to educate my families and friends...HA.:D

    Hugs
    Marie from Japan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home