Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hubby Thinks I Need a Hobby.....


My hubby has ordered a model ship kit to build this winter and today was reading a book about model ship building. In the first chapter, the book said how this should be a family project -- so bring your wife into this exciting new hobby ;)

Hubby tried that line on me saying that I needed a hobby. I told him I liked working on the bears, thank you. Then he said that for me, the bears are work, I need a hobby that isn't work. (he's teasing me by the way....)

I explained that no - making the bears is NOT work, that's the part I love! It's the rest of the stuff you have to do that's work! I'd say that in making the bears my full time job, making the bears probably only takes up 1/3 of my time.

2/3 of my time is the "work" -- the administrative stuff: Marketing is a huge part of that.. meaning taking the photos, website updates, listing on ebay, deciding which shows to do, keeping up (or trying to) with the bear magazines etc...

Then there's ordering supplies. OK... I have to admit, if it's mohair I'm ordering - THAT is fun LOL!! But the other parts of bear making aren't quite as much fun ;) And there's the tags, shipping supplies, biz cards, hang tags and I don't know what else. I try to keep an eye on things so I don't run out in the middle of anything. And let's not even get started on the accounting LOL!

So thank you, my "hobby" is making bears.... my "job" is all the stuff I need to do to find them new homes :)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home