Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Paperwork and billing...YUCK!

Hello, I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

I'm glad I can enjoy mine now as I finished up a job I didn't want to do.

Late last week I finally finished one "job" that I was putting off... putting it off because it was a pain in the neck! My daughter goes to an Illinois State University. They just changed their billing system this year to be ALL online. They no longer send out bills in the mail. Well let me tell you, it is a pain in the neck!!

She's just about to sign up for next semester's classes when she find out there's a balance due on her account (we had paid her bill IN FULL at the beginning of the year.) Of course, she had to add another class after the fact because she can't sign up for that particular class until AFTER classes begin because she has to audition for it. We had planned for that and actually paid over and above the total bill.

Now the university just gives us a bill with no itemized list... just saying we owe money. Sorry, but when I was in Accounts Receivables in my old job, there was no way a client would just fork over the money on my say so. I would naturally provide an itemized bill with all charges and all payments listed.

But they have us over a barrel. We paid it now... we've no time to wait for them to respond to us wanting an itemized list - otherwise she can't sign up for her classes! She's in her 3rd year now so she needs to be able tto get into the classes she NEEDS. Oh well, it's no use wasting energy over something there's no way I can change :) I'll just chant to myself... 3 more semesters... 3 more semesters... LOL!!!

So now that's done, I can enjoy my weekend! (after housework and grocery shopping LOL!)

2 Comments:

  • At November 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Only *three* more semesters??! Lucky you! DS has been talking 5 years - and now he's talking 6! However we're fortunate in that the lottery in NM pays for 4 years (8 semesters continuous starting spring of freshman year). However DS knows if he goes 6, he's on his own! :-)

     
  • At November 18, 2008 , Blogger Laura Lynn said...

    LOL! Well, she's probably got one more partial semester after that. We had told her she's on her own for that... but if she commutes (it's a realistic possibility) then we said we'd pay half.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home