Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Monday, July 21, 2008

Have you seen the video about Christian the Lion?


I guess I must have been living under a rock LOL! This is the first time I've heard this story. I got it from one of the Yahoo teddy bear groups I belong to. When I was a girl, Born Free was one of my FAVORITE movies. I've always loved lions... I wished I could have one of my very own. Well, 2 lads in England DID - back in 1969. You have got to see this clip of video!



After I saw this video clip I have to admit I had to search thru and watch all the videos about Christian. The one I have listed above is my favorite. All the videos are basically pirated from the same video footage.

Checked out Snopes.com and found that yes, the story of Christian the London Lion is true.

I had to know more... and found this article about Christian in an online version of The Daily Mail in England.

Finally... I did find a place where I could see the entire story. Although you can get a VHS tape of Christian - The Lion at World's End at Amazon -- I've heard that the US version is slightly incomplete. A DVD of Christian - The Lion at World's End can be found at Beckmann Direct located in England, but they do ship worldwide.

4 Comments:

  • At July 22, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you for taking the time to research and post the info on Christian the Lion. I Love the story in the paper - and the extensive history. I love the photo too where he has his paws on the TV set. He looks like an overgrown 'kid'. :-) Thanks for sharing!!

     
  • At July 22, 2008 , Blogger Daphne Towle said...

    Where is the warning to grab some tissues first? That is just so neat. What an amazing story. Nope, love never forgets.

     
  • At July 24, 2008 , Blogger Nancy D said...

    I was having a weepy day anyway(not sure why). This morning I watched a story on animal planet about wire Fox Terriers mistreated by a breeder. I watched the Christian video and the tears really came. Animal stories get to me more than anything.

     
  • At August 08, 2008 , Blogger Bumpkin Hill said...

    oh wow, what a wonderful tear jerking video - thank you SO much for sharing it Laura :) Catherine x

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home