Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Monday, July 21, 2008

Summertime is Always a Busytime....

Wow it feels like the week just flew by! Yes, I do realize there have not been any new bears on my site for a while :( Hopefully this week!

I'm still working on the custom order bears - worked on several prototypes for new bear heads for the classes I want to start. I've also been talking with Daphne about the new Chicago show for 2009. Looks like we've got the contract with the venue almost all set. I thought I was busy... Daphne was working on the Chicago contract when her Maine Teddy Bear Show is this coming weekend!

Yes, I seem to work like a hummingbird... flitting from here to there... I've tried to stop working that way but it only makes me miserable - and I stop working all together! I just decided to realize that is how I work - and to go with it. I do try to limit how many different things I work on so that they all get finished :)

This past weekend, hubby & I went back to the Bristol Renaissance Faire again. If you are interested in reading more, you will find that post on our family blog here.

3 Comments:

  • At July 23, 2008 , Blogger Bev said...

    don't worry about the flitting as long as you're getting things done!

    at any one time I have at least 5 or 6 projects in process -- right now I have 3 bears, a doll, 4 quilts, a piece of jewelry, and 5 knitting projects

    it works for me too!!

    (PS: will we see you in Kansas City?)

     
  • At July 23, 2008 , Blogger Laura Lynn said...

    Thanks Bev for the support! Yep, I just realized I gotta be ME or I'm miserable. No... won't be in KC this year I'm afraid. Hope it's a great show!

     
  • At August 06, 2008 , Blogger fribbles said...

    Can't wait to see the prototypes! And I commiserate with you regarding the myriad of projects---would that I could actually FINISH a few now and again!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home