Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Birthday Present


For my birthday this past spring, my hubby got me a new larger gazebo for our deck to replace this old one - along with some new deck furniture.

Little did he know what a HUGE undertaking he took on for himself :) I had realized that we would end up using the new gazebo about as much as the old one (in other words - NOT often!) unless we made a change.

We needed to build rails all the way around the deck. You see, if we are OUTside, and our Girls (the dogs) are INside, they sit at the patio door and whine.

If we let them out... they race all around the yard like maniacs and I have to stand in the yard to be sure no one gets hurt. So I am STILL not enjoying the deck!

But... if we let them out onto the deck with us, and keep them there, they will be happy because they are out with us and I won't have to worry about any "whippet NASCAR" accidents :) At least... that's what I'm HOPING for!

I'm REALLY looking forward to this! I can't wait to bring my bearmaking outside on those beautiful days! (we have wireless internet too, so hubby can bring his laptop outside)

We've gotten LOTS done. We should be able to get the gondola up this Saturday!! Here's what progress we've made so far. I'm pretty sure I'd like Bob to enclose the bottom of the deck to keep the furry critters out... but I know that will be a pain in the neck!


Deck Progress May 5, 2008

5 Comments:

  • At May 08, 2008 , Blogger Karen C said...

    Heh. At first, I was trying to remember: "Does she have blind dogs or what?" because I couldn't think why else a dog wouldn't be able to take care of itself, and then you said "whippets" and I remembered. Ohhhh, yes, of course. We had a greyhound, years back, who had some near misses, and some friends who had had a grey who died in a collision with a tree in their own backyard.

    Only, I'd've said they're more Indy car/F1 than NASCAR; our Sadie at least was *way* too much a drama queen to even think about tradin' paint. :}

     
  • At May 09, 2008 , Blogger Laura Lynn said...

    LOL Karen! Actually we did have a bad accident with one of our whippets last spring. Isis ended up being paralyzed in her rear.

    Then the treatment for that almost killed her because it turns out she had congestive heart failure... hiding. The steroids brought it out of hiding with a vengeance!

    Isis has defied all odds and is still with us today! She can walk... and even run - although not quite the same as she did. She's happy though and that's all that matters ;)

    So yep, we watch them pretty carefully now when they are running together.

     
  • At May 09, 2008 , Blogger Unknown said...

    Your house is so pretty Laura Lynn. That's so nice that Bob got you something you can use and enjoy. Oh, and that the "girls" can enjoy. LOL!

     
  • At May 18, 2008 , Blogger Pauline said...

    Ooh it looks gorgeous, I can just imagine sitting there with a glass of martini in the sun, bear making scattered around just in case I feel like a little sew. Lovely, hope you get sorted soon.

    Warm wishes
    Pauline

     
  • At May 29, 2008 , Blogger Laura Lynn said...

    Thank you Lisa and Pauline! It's done now and wonderful! I just have to download the photo so I can post it. Now if it will just go over 65 degrees we can use it regularly LOL!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home