Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Friday, April 25, 2008

Pets.....

Today while I was grabbing a quick lunch, I read the "Diary of a Bear Artist" in my latest Teddy Bear Club International magazine.

I love reading Andy's ramblings... he makes me laugh - both with him and at myself! Dodo's antics (his cat) are hilarious! Yes, I have helpers too, although they are canine! My newest helper is shown here... Sequoya. She's the chihuahua we adopted from Chihuahua Rescue and she keeps me laughing. She often likes to sit inside my sweatjacket while I am working. My hubby asked what I am going to do when it gets warm... I told him we'd figure that out when the time comes.

Later today though, we have an appointment with a Fire and Safety company to give us an estimate on installing a fire/smoke detection and monitoring system that will call 911 for us automatically.

You see, last Sunday our friends across the street had a horrible house fire. They are alright as they were not home - but they lost their beloved Scotty dog. He was an awesome dog.... I took care of him whenever they were out of town and brought him over to play with my Girls. Bob (hubby) even tried to give him mouth to mouth and CPR, but it was too late :( Scotty's family was only gone for 45 minutes! After this experience, we decided to do what we could for our Girls. We never even thought of it till last Sunday.

1 Comments:

  • At April 25, 2008 , Blogger Unknown said...

    I am so sorry to hear about your neighbors house and dear beloved dog. That make me want to cry. I think that is a wonderful idea to get the fire alarm instalation. My husband is a volunteer firefighter, I will have to ask him about that for our house. I have a basset hound named Liley and a cat named Cleo. They are my babies. I would like to see a picture of your new pet, you adopted. Have a great day.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home