Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sad Week....

Although I prefer to be upbeat here - cause it's no fun to read sad stuff... I wanted to post about my Uncle's passing - Skip. His services were this week. He will be greatly missed. He was actually fairly young. All of my Aunts and Uncles are young.

Skip had the most awesome outlook on life - mainly... have fun! Several years ago he and my Aunt moved from Chicago to Florida. Although she wanted to go... she wanted to go later, maybe after she retired. Skip said.. No - we're moving now.

OK... so they moved right before the huge destruction from the hurricanes several years ago and so the construction on their new house was delayed by a couple of YEARS. However, they were down where they loved to be.... able to go to the beach, go fishing... be WARM (we had a really long winter here in Chicago last year!) and loved the area they were in.

I am so glad... that although they moved away from here, that they did move when they did. If they had waited until my Aunt retired... Skip would have missed out on all the enjoyment he had from living where he wanted to be. My Aunt would have missed out on all those memories (she loves it there too)

So although we do need to "take care of business" of course... to keep a roof over our heads and our tummies filled.... don't forget to have fun along the way!!

For those waiting to get an email from me... I haven't forgotten you!! I'm hoping to get all caught up tomorrow ;)

MUCH love to everyone!!!
Laura

2 Comments:

  • At June 01, 2008 , Blogger Mutz said...

    Laura,
    Sorry to hear about your Uncle. You are right if they had waited to move they may never have gotten to Florida.
    My thought & prayer will be with you & your family!
    Amy

     
  • At June 03, 2008 , Blogger Tami Eveslage said...

    I'm sorry for your loss Laura. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home