Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Monday, July 14, 2008

Bears in Progress

Bears in progress Yes, I've been working on bears!!! Here's a picture in progress to prove it LOL!!! 2 are special orders, 2 are for the show coming up in October, and the 5th is another mini bunny. He's a cousin to "Chocolate Bunny Cream" -- his name will be "Little Bunny Frango". It's a variation of Little Bunny Foo Foo. For those of you (us) in Chicago, yes, his name does refer to the famous Frango Mints we used to get at Marshall Fields! He will go to his new home with a artificial chocolate mint candy. I really must stop working on so many bears at a time... I just can't seem to help it though.

At the end of June, hubby and I went away for a weekend and took the Squirt (chihuahua) with us. My daughter Jennifer stayed home with the 4 whippets for us. When we got back, Jen told me... Mom - if you ever wonder why you don't get much done - it's because taking care of the Girls takes a lot of time!

I guess I didn't realize it as we added dogs to our family one at a time over 8 years - so "just one more" didn't seem like a lot. Besides, whippets are fairly laid back dogs for the most part. Although they can run like the wind - their favorite past time is sleeping!

One of our Girls though (Isis) has a very bad heart condition and is on lots of medication. She's doing wonderfully! Even better than the vet had expected - but that's because we keep up with her schedule -- which is what takes a lot more time than when they were all healthy.

One of the meds that Isis takes (and this one is 3 x's a day) is a water pill to keep the water from building up around her heart. Because of this, she needs to go out more often. I found it is much easier to have a schedule of taking her out on a regular basis instead of cleaning up accidents LOL! That's what my daughter was talking about... some days it does seem like it's time to take her out again after we just finished taking her out.

Also, with most of the time, we need to be outside with them instead of just opening the door and letting them out. I need to keep track of Isis - as she can get distracted :) and with 5 dogs running in the back yard... let's just say it's easier to keep it clean when you keep up with them every time ;)

I am trying to develop some type of work schedule (again) so I can be more consistent with my bear creating. This seems to be something I keep trying... but hey, if at first you don't succeed, try try again! One of these times I'll come up with a schedule that works for me ;0)

3 Comments:

  • At July 15, 2008 , Blogger Nancy D said...

    I know how much work dogs can be. I use to have 5 but am now down to 2 old ladies. One is on special food and the other on heart meds. Luckily she isn't on diuretics. I would love to have a couple more but have decided to wait.

     
  • At July 17, 2008 , Blogger Bev said...

    adding one more dog is like adding one more child -- your whole life gets turned upside down!!

    Love the sneek peek on the bears -- looking good!!

     
  • At July 18, 2008 , Blogger Tami Eveslage said...

    Laura, I'm with you. I keep trying to come up with a bear making schedule soI don't end up with the pre show panic. If you find the secret, let me know. I lov ethe dragon sculpture in the post above. MY husband is a big dragon fan.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home