Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Patrick and Website Change


Patrick is my latest bear looking for a new home. I have not yet sent an email out yet as I have one more bear to get onto my site. I'd rather wait so I can just send out one email :)

I'm also playing around with the website a little - just a little I promise LOL!

Although I do appear to keep adding more and more things to my "to do" list, I really do try to see where I can save some time. Adding new bears to the website takes up LOTS of time. I think I've found a way to cut down a little on that - which makes for more time to actually make the bears!

I am a member of Bearpile.com. It's a neat site where you can browse for bears and adopt them. No bidding and no membership is required to buy a bear from artists on Bearpile.

I found that I was duplicating a lot of tasks when listing a bear. First, I'd list him or her on my site, and then I'd put the same information on Bearpile.

Once I realized this, I decided to try out a little something new. On my Bears for Adoption page you will find buttons for "More Photos" (as Bearpile only allows 2 photos) "Details" which takes you to the bear's Bearpile page and has all the "Bear Facts" about the bear, and "Order" which takes you to that bear's secure order form.

One feature I particularly like about Bearpile is their secure order form. If the artist accepts credit cards, you can enter in all the information on the order form there as it is secure. The artist is the only one who has access to that information. Of course, if you wish to pay via check or Paypal, those options are available in the drop down menu.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At November 01, 2007 , Blogger fribbles said...

    Lookit those chubby cheeks! So cute! And I love the froggy for a splash of color!

     
  • At November 03, 2007 , Blogger Laura Lynn said...

    Thank you! He's on his way now to sunny Florida :) Just in time too... it's only 32 degrees outside here this morning.... brrrrrr

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home