Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Here is my "garden" this year... such as it is....

I am SO bad with flowers! I mean, I LOVE them.... but after a month I seem to "forget" to water them ... like when it is REALLY hot... and of course they all die. I decided last year that I was just not a gardener. I might try perenials.... since they don't need DAILY care. Well, maybe for the first month... but I could do that LOL!

Well, then the flowers start to arrive in the stores.... AND.... I've been talking with my friend Daphne of Back Road Bears in New Hampshire... and she's told me about the TONS of flowers and plants she's been planting! (which, by the way... I can't wait to see in person in August when I go there for the 2nd Annual Maine Teddy Bear Show!

So...... I got one large plastic pot - for my petunias for the sunny back deck. I figure the plastic will certainly help keep them from drying out... and the fact that the pot is large will help too.


We have over a dozen nice large trees on our property... providing wonderful shade for the front of the house! My Mom always used to have impatients at our house because all we had was shade.... so I decided to try those this year. (Now my Mom is too busy having fun down in Kentucky to plant much anything LOL!)

I'll let ya know later in the year if these have survived LOL!!!

3 Comments:

  • At June 06, 2007 , Blogger Yvette said...

    Your garden is gorgeous! I give you two green thumbs up for at least attemping to start a garden. :o) Hopefully you will remember to water LOL

     
  • At June 07, 2007 , Blogger Laura Lynn said...

    LOL!!! Thank you Yvette! Haven't had to water the past couple of days cause it's been raining... but thank goodness I thought to check today :)

    Hugz,
    Laura

     
  • At June 12, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    Wow, Laura Lynn. I have NOTHING this year! With our yard being re-designed, it was a tough call but I chose to do NOTHING to coordinate with the "no grass" thing we've got going on!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home