Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

My Bearmaking Habits

I find it interesting to hear about the habits of my bear artist friends..... so you make one bear at a time... or work on several at once?

As for myself....I often work on several at once.

Why???

I work on my bears at all hours of the day ... even 3 in the morning if I can't sleep ;) There are some parts of creating a new furry friend that I really need to be fresh.... particularly working on the face.

This is why it is hard for me to work on just one bear at a time until he or she has been born.... I like to have work ready to work on for when I just don't feel quite up to creating that new sweet face. Faces ARE my favorite part of bearmaking! But I've found they just do not turn out right if I am not in the right frame of mind.....

As you can see here.... I have a few bunnies and bears waiting to be born. 2 bunnies will HOPEFULLY be born soon! I have a few bears in there too.... waiting patiently as they will be going with me to Maine for a show in August...

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At April 18, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay Laura Lynn, I'm glad to have found someone else like me. In some ways I'd love to be one of those people who can work on just the one thing at a time - it would be so much tidier!

     
  • At April 24, 2007 , Blogger Laura Lynn said...

    LOL!!! I'm glad you commented Melissa! Now I know that I'm not alone either :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home