Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Monday, January 5, 2009

Ready to Get Back to Bears!

Note to Self: When hubby takes a vacation from work, realize that it means you too LOL!!!

Hubby took a week off of work, and I always end up out of my routine when that happens - and then worried cause I'm not working when I feel I should be. I must remember to "take a vacation" too when he does so I don't feel guilty ;)

We slept in every morning, it was glorious! Well, I got up at 7 to take care of the Girls so there weren't any accidents - and so Isis could stay on her medication schedule, but then we all went back to bed!

We got LOTS done in the week between Christmas and New Year's. The trip down and back to my Mom's in Kentucky, then the garage door opener broke and needed fixing. Then my car needed a new battery and had to go to the dealer because it's a Mercedes. Then we realized the small oil leak in the Mercedes was not so small anymore and needed fixing (also a dealer must do, our mechanic friend was unable to do it) and they found 2 other leaks also....

So.... then we decided to look at cars, just in case... that all took 2 days. Turns out the repair bill was not as much as we feared it could be so we kept my car (hurray, I love my car!)

Hubby's and my tradition for New Year's Eve is to go out to dinner around 3pm and then head home for the night, ready to spend the evening watching DVD's. When we get hungry, we had frozen snacks to heat up, yummy! Yes, we did make it till Midnight... barely ;)

New Year's Day is when we traditionally take down all the Christmas decorations... an all day event. The rest of the weekend was getting the house and myself back to "normal".

Technically today I should have started "back to work", but as my daughter was still home from college, I wanted to take her out to lunch before she went back. And who can just go to lunch and not shop?

Tomorrow it's finally back to bears!!! I've missed them so much! Hopefully tonight I'll get caught up on returning the emails I'm behind on due to the unexpected vacation :)

*edited to add: nothing done tonight! Ended up trying to fix a computer problem... STILL not fixed but I'm done trying! It's only the sound... so no biggie...but spent a lot of time trouble shooting.

If your email is one of them I apologize!!!

2 Comments:

  • At January 06, 2009 , Blogger Mutz said...

    Hi Laura,
    Are your computer problems still the result of that "UPS delivery failed" email that you opened up? If so that was a REALLY nasty one. I hope you can get it all better soon. Happy New Year!
    Amy

     
  • At January 06, 2009 , Blogger Laura Lynn said...

    Yup! Arrrghh! When our friend reloaded the operating system onto the computer, we never thought to check the sound. Oh well... Everything else works!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home