Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Saturday, November 3, 2007

My Teddy Bear Mentor has Retired

Jo Martenson of Bearfoot Alley Teddees has retired from bear making and teaching. It makes me a little sad because I won't see her as often at the shows and such.

Jo was the one who got me started in bear making. She was so very generous with sharing anything you wanted to know! She had been doing it for 12 years I think - and has decided that it's time to try something new.

I have more than a dozen of her bears, that photo is one of them :) Yesterday I spend the afternoon at Jo's as she very generously let me go thru her bear accessories - sweaters, shoes, trinkets, lace, ribbons... and so much more. Even better is that we had a good time together. I will miss seeing Jo at shows - but I'm going to be sure to keep in touch with her. I hear there may be one last big event for Jo yet... but I'm not going to spoil the surprise :)

1 Comments:

  • At November 04, 2007 , Blogger Mutz said...

    Jo is such a sweetheart & has always been very kind & supportive of me also. I'm so sorry she is retiring.
    Amy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home