Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Santa Bear and his Sleigh - ADOPTED!

Santa Bear and his Sleigh




I created this vignette especially for the 1st Annual Softie Thanksgiving Day Parade being hosted on my friend Lisa's blog: http://qdpatooties.blogspot.com

Check it out, there's lots of great entries! On Sunday Lisa will be setting up an online voting booth so you can vote for your favorite entry. There are so many great entries, it will be hard!

Now that the Santa's have brought up the ending of the parade, I wanted to post my Santa here on my blog. Yes, he IS available for adoption!! I have not listed him on my website yet, but he can be adopted now, just drop me an email if you are interested at bears (@) TeddiesbyLauraLynn (dot) com

My Santa Bear is an 8" mohair bear. His outfit is actually mohair and part of his body construction - although his hat and belt ARE removable! (his belt is NOT mohair) His snowy white beard is actually needlefelted on with fiberfil. I used fiberfil as it is very hard to find real white wool!

His face has been carefully trimmed, needlesculpted and shaded to give him extra personality. He's been filled with tiny glass pellets for weight and fiberfil. Yes, he is freestanding! His sleigh is made from beautiful green metal trimmed in gold colored metal and comes with all the toys you see there. (both sleigh and toys were purchased)

This is a One of a Kind set. His adoption fee is $145 INCLUDING shipping in the US. International collectors need only to pay an extra $10 fee for shipping. I've got some more photos down below...

Santa Bear - close up



Just Santa

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At November 25, 2007 , Blogger Bev said...

    ADORABLE!!

     
  • At December 03, 2007 , Blogger Yvette said...

    Hi Laura Lynn!
    Your santa bear is just adorable!!
    I love all your new bears. The one holding the doll is just darling! :o)

     
  • At December 11, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dear Laura Lynn,
    It's a long time that your page is on my blog links and today I received a message from another artist, Patricia.
    And so it is with great respect that I say … TAG, YOUR IT! Post five things about yourself on your blog.. . to learn the rules and more… visit my blog! http://mylaceadventures.blogspot.com/

    Your little creations are so cute and all you are creating ! Your little bears are so sweet . . . I look forward to seeing your newest creations!
    Chantal

     
  • At December 15, 2007 , Blogger Tami Eveslage said...

    I love this piece!!! I voted for him on the parade!!!
    Laura, I am Tagging you as part of a blog tag game. Please see my blog for the rules if you want to play!http://insidemystudio.blogspot.com/
    Merry Christmas! Tami

     
  • At December 20, 2007 , Blogger CozyMoments said...

    Hi Laura,

    I just found your blog and I love it. :) I LOVE your Santa Bear. :) He is TOO cute. ;) I bought Maxwell from you recently and I LOVE him. I love all the bears I have from you!! :)

    I would love to put a link to your blog on my blog if it is ok with you. :)

    Have a 'beary' nice day!! ;)
    Michelle

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home