Teddies by Laura Lynn

One of a Kind and Small Limited Edition Collectible Artist Teddy Bears Designed + Created by Teddy Bear Artist Laura Lynn Matthews

Monday, July 13, 2009

My Work Table - Custom Built Just for Me!


There's a new blog by a fellow teddy bear artist called Studio Shots - Tuesday. It's a cool blog showing other artists' studios. I love peeking into others' studios! This week the theme is "what have you customized for your studio"

My work table was designed by myself and built for me by my husband. Yes, I do know how lucky I am!

Although I am tall (5.10") , my height is all in my legs. My body is actually short. When I try to work at a standard desk, I am always holding my arms, thus my shoulders - up a bit. After a while this gets very tiring, so I designed my work table to be a bit shorter than a standard desk. It is SO comfortable to work at!

I was asked once why I didn't just get an adjustable chair and raise it up. (a much easier solution!) The reason for this is that then my feet would not be flat on the floor. Feet flat is very important for back health!

My work table was created from solid red oak. The drawers and door were hand crafted from a lovely wood called Paduk. If you'd like to see a larger version of the photos (and be able to read the notes!) just click on the picture :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At July 14, 2009 , Blogger Pauline said...

    Your table is brilliant, you have a clever husband. Looks like you have everything just to hand too. Lovely

    Pauline

     
  • At July 14, 2009 , Blogger Bev said...

    very nice --- having the right tools and equipment for you are key things to make the work better for your body!!

     
  • At July 16, 2009 , Blogger Mutz said...

    Hi Laura,
    I love your new set up. You can come orgaize me anytime you want!
    I'll take one in an extra tall, please!
    TTFN
    Amy

     
  • At July 17, 2009 , Blogger Laura Lynn said...

    Thanks everyone! I am so happy with it ;) LOL Amy!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home